- OFSTED - '...teachers ask searching questions to make students think carefully before answering...
- ...and encourage students to check their own and others work.'
- OFSTED - '...students were given carefully chosen tasks which meant that they had to work together to solve a problem.'
- OFSTED - 'Leaders have clear expectations about students being smart, polite and considerate to each other.'
- OFSTED - 'Reading is highly promoted by the school.'
- OFSTED - 'Teaching in the majority of lessons seen by inspectors was good.'
- OFSTED - 'Teaching is improving rapidly.'
- OFSTED - 'Subject leaders... are working energetically to improve progress.'
- OFSTED - 'The school's ethos and curriculum supports students to develop their spiritual, moral, social and cultural understanding.'
- OFSTED - 'Students feel safe and well cared for.'
- OFSTED - 'Leaders and managers are clear and rigorous in their self-evaluation...
- ...know exactly what the school needs to do to improve further and their actions are accelerating students' progress.'
- OFSTED - 'Governors understand the school well, are relentless in their support and challenge...
- ...and are working closely with school leaders to make sure the school continues to improve rapidly.'
- OFSTED - 'Students do better than they thought they would because of the teachers' high expectations...
- ...and the way they instill self-belief.'
Welcome to our Website.
Here in Whitworth Community High
School we believe that one of the greatest
gifts you can give a person is to believe in them.
This idea influences all that we do on a daily
basis. It is at the heart of our vision statement,
which encourages all our young people to be:
Successful learners - Confident individuals
Responsible citizens - Effective contributors
In our school attitude is everything.
Who you are, the attitude you show
– it always influences the
results you get.
We also use the word resilience
a lot in school. That ability to keep
going when things are difficult
Resilience is one of the features of a
good learner – not giving up but digging deep when
things challenge us most.
This spirit of a positive 'can do' attitude together
with resilience is a major feature of our school.
I hope you enjoy our website.
Mrs G. Middlemas
Our school aims
Encouraging and enabling each student
to achieve their full potential.
Promoting the intellectual, physical
and emotional development of each individual.
Providing a secure, safe, disciplined environment
in which effective learning can take place.
Providing a range of courses/experiences which
satisfy the individual needs of students
appropriate to their age and ability.
Providing coherence, progression and continuity
in the curriculum to meet the changing
needs of the 21st century.